Beta Testers for Testing
If you are interested in Beta Testing then go ahead and continue reading this. If a buggy set or version of pcgen is not what you had in mind then don't bother reading further.
Testing non-release sets - These are the HIGH in demand sets that people want to play with now. These don't have installers and are NOT ready for public use. USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK. They can and will change and create a need to remake character on a frequent basis.
Test Alpha versions of PCGen - These often have new features and associated Bugs.
What is needed as a Tester. You need to report to the Head Monkey in charge of the Set. It's best to report any and all problems on the PCGen Experimental Site.
OUT OF Q&A TESTING
PAIZO = Advanced Player's Guide
- What you need:
- APG Set File -
- Advanced Players Guide Tarball Zip File
- Place in data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/'
- NOTE: You'll need to create the folder.
- Core Set File -
- Pathfinder Core Data Set
- Place in the 'data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/'
For our Mac Users
- You'll need to right-click (Command-Click) on the PCGen application and pull down to "Show Package Contents".
- You'll get a window that shows a "Contents" folder.
- Navigate to the Contents/Resources/Java folder and you will see a moderate list of files and folders, one of which is the "data" folder.
For our Linux Users
Easiest on Linux is to install subversion, to build from sources and then to enable the APG LST files. This is not hard.
# install subversion and PCGen build environment on Debian or derivatives like Ubuntu apt-get install subversion ant # create a place to build and checkout sources mkdir pcgen-5.16.x/ svn checkout https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/branches/5.16.x/ pcgen-5.16.x/ # build cd pcgen-5.16.x/ cd pcgen/ ant build # enable APG by default for Pathfinder mode echo "PCC:@data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg.pcc" >> data/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/pathfinder_rpg_for_gms.pcc # start PCGen sh pcgen.sh
# Then choose Pathfinder RPG for DMs