Joining the Code Team
A list of what to do to join the code team
- Get a Yahoo Groups id.
- Be sure to subscribe to the Developer's mailing list
- Introduce yourself on the list
- Find the pcgen project on Yahoo! Groups and join.
- Get as many IM IDs as possible (most people use Pidgin, Meebo or Gaim) and get online with them.
- Also join the IRC channel #pcgen on ~DALnet & ~Freenode, we have our meetings and group discussions there in real time.
- Get the latest official version of PCGen from SF and run it.
- Get an id at GitHub.
- Find the pcgen repository and fork it.
Your first change
- Get your development environment set up
- Select an issue that interests you, either from our issues flagged as bitsize in the Code and New Tag projects, or one you have encountered.
- Build a fix that fixes the bug or implements the new feature
- Test the fix, preferably by writing a unit test
- Submit the fix as a pull request to the pcgen repository.
- Your pull request will be reviewed and friendly feedback provided by one of the team.
Joining the team
- Once your pull request (PR) is accepted and merged, you're part of the code team.
- Your second PR should be adding your name to the team listing!
- Put your details in this wiki under the Code team!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!