Meeting 2010 07 19

From PCGen
Jump to: navigation, search

[PCGen] Board of Directors Meeting

Attendees:

Team Name Real Name
Chair Andrew Maitland
Admin Andrew Maitland
Arch Tom Parker
Code James Dempsey
Content Absent
PR Eric Smith
2nd Release James Dempsey
2nd Licensing Absent
Observer Conor Petty
Observer JSA



PCGen Board of Directors Meeting - Log



  • [19:00] <@[Chair]Andrew> Hello everyone
  • [19:00] <[PR]Maredudd> Hi folks!
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> Welcome to our PCGen Board of Director's Meeting, I have 7/19/10 at 7pm PDT in the U.S.
  • [19:01] *** [Arch_SB]thpr has joined #pcgen
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> Our Agenda for tonight is
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 1.)  Usual Team Reports
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2.)  5.16.3 End Game Plan
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.)  5.17.4 (Alpha) Release plan
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.)  Discuss progress of our disaster recovery efforts (this may include getting ownership of Y! groups back to active BoD members and progress of our own forum/mailing list solution)
  • [19:01] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll start off with the Admin report
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Web Team -
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Tomorrow our other Server expires
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Tony has been working on the Settings, I'm hoping we'll be messing with it by the end of the week.
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Trackers -
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> David Bender is moving Code Trackers
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric has been moving the Doc Trackers
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release -
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 5.16.3RC2 went out
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew>
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> 5.16.3RC3 vs. Production - James?
  • [19:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Any Questions for Admin?
  • [19:03] <jamesd[Code_SB]> On the 5.1.6.3 release side, I haven't seen any bug reports for RC3 as yet so prod release is looking good
  • [19:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks James, are you up for going next?
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Sure
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Code Report - 20 July 2010
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Bugs: 19 created and 13 resolved
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> No reported issues in 5.16.3RC2 so happy to proceed with the prod release.
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> New Tags/Feature Requests: Migration of issues from SourceForge to JIRA continues
  • [19:04] <jamesd[Code_SB]> UI Sub-project: Work continues on the summary panel. Good feedback has been received on the inventory design. Work has started on implementation of the inventory page.
  • [19:05] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Also Andrew Wilson has started work on the Formula Compiler sub-project
  • [19:05] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any questions?
  • [19:06] <[PR]Maredudd> None here.
  • [19:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> none here
  • [19:06] <[Arch_SB]thpr> no
  • [19:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> Tom, would you like to go next
  • [19:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> ?
  • [19:06] <[Arch_SB]thpr> sure
  • [19:06] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I've been working on breaking up PlayerCharacter - still plugging away
  • [19:07] <[Arch_SB]thpr> not more more to say at this point
  • [19:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> All right then. Eric, you ready?
  • [19:07] <[PR]Maredudd> Yep.
  • [19:08] <[PR]Maredudd> The press release for 5.16.3RC2 went out on time. (Thanks Papa-DRB!)
  • [19:09] <Papa-DRB> welcome
  • [19:09] <[PR]Maredudd> There has been no other activity on the PR team to be brought forward at this time.
  • [19:09] <[PR]Maredudd> Any questions?
  • [19:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> none here
  • [19:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> Agenda #2 - End Game Plan for 5.16.3 - is there anything that needs discussion? I figure we'll release it next week some time, correct James?
  • [19:11] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yep unless someone notes any problems I think it is quite stable and a good solid release
  • [19:11] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Aim would be to do it over the weekend
  • [19:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, unless there is any objections to the release for this weekend, let's move on
  • [19:12] <jamesd[Code_SB]> k
  • [19:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> 3.)  5.17.4 (Alpha) Release plan
  • [19:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> James?
  • [19:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> I presume 1 week after 5.16.3 is finished correct?
  • [19:14] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That is gated on getting the LST converter smart enough to do the CHOOSE:FEAT= translation
  • [19:14] <[Arch_SB]thpr> it has a user question in place
  • [19:14] <[Arch_SB]thpr> which is good enough for now IMHO
  • [19:15] <[Arch_SB]thpr> though I'm open to other views on that
  • [19:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok, so then a week after 5.16.3 release sounds like a good timeframe then
  • [19:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> okay, sounds like you've got it under control... so 1 week then or is there something else gating it... 1 week after, cool.
  • [19:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> Final item:
  • [19:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> So, 5.16.3 out 25 July, 5.17.4 out 1 August
  • [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yup, sounds good
  • [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> 4.)  Discuss progress of our disaster recovery efforts (this may include getting ownership of Y! groups back to active BoD members and progress of our own forum/mailing list solution)
  • [19:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> I know Kar is talking with one of the Owners now...
  • [19:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> As far as our own solution, it's still at least a month off realistically before we'd do any migrations, that's assuming the solution is satisfactory enough to the BoD and public.
  • [19:17] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Thats for the mailing lists right?
  • [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yes
  • [19:18] <@[Chair]Andrew> Replacing Yahoo Groups Forum/Mailing List with our own control mailing list/forum
  • [19:19] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Is that month off your estimate or someone else's?
  • [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'd like a little more input on the plan I laid out; but so far it appears that most of our back ups and such are totally automated.
  • [19:19] <[Arch_SB]thpr> meaning the person doing the work
  • [19:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> The Month is me guessing based upon current progress, and how much tinkering it will need
  • [19:19] <cpmeister____> wait, so what happened to the groups in the first place?
  • [19:20] <cpmeister____> I mean, why did they go down?
  • [19:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> They have yet to explain their reasoning of what took down the Groups
  • [19:21] <[Arch_SB]thpr> I would not expect an explanation
  • [19:21] <[PR]Maredudd> Niether would I.
  • [19:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> Our Public Relations and going public seems to have been what got the groups back up. Beyond that, we haven't been told the exact reason.
  • [19:21] <@[Chair]Andrew> More reason to get that valuable medium under our own controlled solution.
  • [19:22] <cpmeister____> indeed
  • [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, that seems to be the agenda tonight; unless there are any questions or topics folks would like to bring up
  • [19:23] <[Arch_SB]thpr> not from me
  • [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> Connor?
  • [19:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> David?
  • [19:23] <Papa-DRB> nope
  • [19:24] <cpmeister____> none here
  • [19:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Did I miss the data report?
  • [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> we seem to be missing a Content Monkey
  • [19:24] <[PR]Maredudd> And the Doc 2nd isn't prepared to talk Content . . .
  • [19:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> But my quick filler - Data Report - Several Pathfinder Sets have been uploaded into the releases
  • [19:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> Stefan has made the standards change to all the Pathfinder sets in the releases
  • [19:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data Trackers are still needing migration
  • [19:25] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok, then a question notice for content - what is the criteria for moving the Pathfinder Core set from alpha to 'stable'. Should we remove the "Work in progress" moniker from the quick sources entry for the PF core rules?
  • [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll defer that to Barak
  • [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Also should we create a quick sources entry for the DMs version of Pathfinder so that it includes monsters?
  • [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> That sounds reasonable
  • [19:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The last would be a good thing to include in the 5.16.3 release, the first would too, if we are ready
  • [19:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> OS - a New Sheet has been added for inclusion to interface with Obsidian Portal, this is just waiting a final review
  • [19:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> I think that question should get punted to Stefan and Barak; though there have been several PF bugs lately. They might ask for a delay in the final release of 5.16.3 to get those dealt with
  • [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> Eric anything for Docs?
  • [19:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yep better to delay and be better quality
  • [19:28] <@[Chair]Andrew> agreed
  • [19:29] <[PR]Maredudd> A few Doc FREQs have been closed in the last couple of weeks. There are no bugs at this time.
  • [19:29] <[PR]Maredudd> I will continue working FREQS until the Prod release.
  • [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> How many are left?
  • [19:30] <[PR]Maredudd> Lots.
  • [19:30] <@[Chair]Andrew> Awesome, okay, anything else? Final Call...
  • [19:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> All good here
  • [19:31] <[PR]Maredudd> Nothing here.
  • [19:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks for coming everyone *bangs gavel* Have a good night folks.
  • [19:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> Nice short meeting for a change. :)