Meeting 2012 06 08

From PCGen
Jump to: navigation, search

Quorum Board of Directors Meeting for June 8th 2012.

Board Members Present:

  • Chair - Karianna
  • Admin - Andrew
  • Code - James
  • PR - Papa


  • [14:13] <@[Admin]Andrew> Since you're here Kar, you can be Chair ;)
  • [14:13] <karianna_> Heh
  • [14:13] <James[Code_SB]> Fantastic - that's two huge milestones - congratulations
  • [14:14] <karianna_> Thanks, so since there's only a few of us, Andrew do you want to start with data and admin?
  • [14:14] <@[Admin]Andrew> Certainly
  • [14:15] <@[Admin]Andrew> Admin hasn't been too busy recently. Mainly the tracker subteam - Fixing user submitted trackers, recategorizing things, and weeding slowly through older trackers.
  • [14:16] <@[Admin]Andrew> Web - Haven't done anything here - Sadly the big program that seemed to be an answer isn't supported by our host at this point and time and is on the back burner. :(
  • [14:16] <@[Admin]Andrew> Release - I'll leave that to James. Onto Content:
  • [14:17] <@[Admin]Andrew> Data - Been tackling bugs and freqs when they pop up. Reviewing has been good, waiting for the next batch before we go to beta... (Been lighting a fire under a few monkeys)
  • [14:18] <@[Admin]Andrew> Docs - Eric has been pushing out a few trackers - He's working on two LST Classes at this time.
  • [14:18] *** PapaDRB has joined #pcgen
  • [14:18] <@[Admin]Andrew> OS - Have a few sub projects here -
  • [14:18] *** PapaDRB is now known as [PR_2nd}PapaDRB
  • [14:19] *** [PR_2nd}PapaDRB is now known as PapaDRB
  • [14:19] <@[Admin]Andrew> Condensed Header version without a Thumbnail and maybe one line of info; the other is completed and that's the Condensed Spell Sheet. Finally, the newest of the bunch is the COMPANION preview.
  • [14:19] <karianna_> Good to see the lst classes concluding...
  • [14:19] *** PapaDRB is now known as [PR_2nd]PapaDRB
  • [14:19] <@[Admin]Andrew> Other than that, I had a Web Issue where someone was spamming us with Files
  • [14:20] <@[Admin]Andrew> I shut it down for good, and put out a notice for the new procedures since I can't moderate file uploads.
  • [14:20] <[PR_2nd]PapaDRB> sorry I am late
  • [14:20] <@[Admin]Andrew> It makes more sense to me to push the files into a JIRA so the issue is open and closed - easy to know where something stands.
  • [14:20] <karianna_> Saw that probably a good thing to attach files to Jiras anyhow
  • [14:21] <@[Admin]Andrew> and easier to get feedback as well.
  • [14:21] <karianna_> Is there a backlog of files to transfer in that case?
  • [14:21] <James[Code_SB]> Yeah I think that makes sense too
  • [14:21] <@[Admin]Andrew> That's Admin and Content in a nutshell.
  • [14:21] <@[Admin]Andrew> Yeah, we have a backlog I need to look at, but sadly, it's a blackhole since people will upload but not follow through.
  • [14:22] <karianna_> Ok well I guess we can simply close those
  • [14:22] <@[Admin]Andrew> I can email the people, but I never know if they get it or not.
  • [14:22] <@[Admin]Andrew> Any questions?
  • [14:23] <James[Code_SB]> None from me
  • [14:23] <karianna_> I think if there is no reply then close it, we have more than enough tvwork on :-)
  • [14:23] <@[Admin]Andrew> *hands the talking stick over to Papa*  ;)
  • [14:23] <@[Admin]Andrew> Will do
  • [14:24] <[PR_2nd]PapaDRB> Lost windows on my laptop last week, and finally am back. Did a new release get pushed out?
  • [14:24] <@[Admin]Andrew> Only 5.17.4
  • [14:24] <karianna_> 5.17.14 that is
  • [14:25] <[PR_2nd]PapaDRB> Ok, then from a pr standpoint nothing to report.
  • [14:25] <[PR_2nd]PapaDRB> I will wait till a RC is ready adn then splash it everywheere
  • [14:25] <@[Admin]Andrew> Our FB has likes ;)
  • [14:26] <karianna_> A few a week I notice
  • [14:28] <karianna_> Onto james then I guess
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> ok
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> Code Report for a chilly Canberra morning
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> Feature Requests: 18 created and 10 resolved
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> New Tags: 2 created and 4 resolved
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> Bugs: 15 created and 11 resolved
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> Focus continues on the new user interface, with bugs being fixed as they come up and knocking off requests for enhancements as much as possible also.
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> Work has started on the temporary bonuses tab and that will be in the next release. The look is a bit different to the old tab, with the new one more consistent with the other tabs. It will look a bit like Templates in layout with side by side lsts of available mods and those selected. Activation/deactivation can be done on the character sheet tab too, much like the old UI.
  • [14:29] <James[Code_SB]> The other three issues blocking the beta are all progressing in the background. They are [CODE-527] - Implement I18n on new UI tabs, [CODE-1140] - Implement Choosers in the new UI, and [CODE-1103] - Release of Java 7 compatible version of Lobo browser
  • [14:30] <James[Code_SB]> Next release will be next weekend, probably 17 June.
  • [14:30] <James[Code_SB]> I'm hoping that will be the second last alpha
  • [14:30] <James[Code_SB]> Any questions?
  • [14:30] <karianna_> Why is i18n impt?
  • [14:30] <[PR_2nd]PapaDRB> no
  • [14:31] <James[Code_SB]> I don;t want us to go backwards on the oil8n front - we had much of the UI translated and when the new UI was first put together it was all hard coded again
  • [14:31] <James[Code_SB]> I;ve been gradually fixing that up as I go
  • [14:31] <karianna_> Ok
  • [14:31] <karianna_> On the lobo front, I guess we might have to release for them
  • [14:32] <James[Code_SB]> It will likely tbe a sufficient thing though - we might still have a few message left that aren't in the bundles
  • [14:32] <James[Code_SB]> Yeah I'm expecting to, but my system isn;t set up like theirsm, hence the delay
  • [14:32] <karianna_> I forget are they ant or maven based?
  • [14:32] <James[Code_SB]> I might just have to cope with the directories in places I don't like temporarily and get it doen :)
  • [14:33] <James[Code_SB]> ant IIRC
  • [14:33] <James[Code_SB]> with hard coded file paths
  • [14:33] <@[Admin]Andrew> Anything we should ramp up the international group to assist with?
  • [14:33] <karianna_> Yuck
  • [14:34] <James[Code_SB]> Well, once the beta is out it would be a great time for them to leap in and look at the translations
  • [14:34] <@[Admin]Andrew> So realistically, we looking at a Beta Mid-July or there abouts?
  • [14:34] <James[Code_SB]> I've retained the translations from the old UI - no sense in throwing th work out, but it will need to be updated
  • [14:34] <James[Code_SB]> Yeah that ws about where I was aiming at
  • [14:35] <karianna_> Ok, and the choosers, was that a Tom dependant thing?
  • [14:35] <@[Admin]Andrew> I'll throw a message on the international group letting them know we'll be needing them around July/August when we go Beta then
  • [14:37] <karianna_> Ok, I guess that's it then, getting very close!
  • [14:37] <James[Code_SB]> No the choosers structure is in - see the metamagic chooser on the spell lists tab, but it needs to be ported back to the other choosers
  • [14:37] <karianna_> Awesome will try it out
  • [14:37] <James[Code_SB]> The UI is very similar to languages
  • [14:38] <James[Code_SB]> but supports the extra things like select values etc
  • [14:38] <James[Code_SB]> Yep, we are pretty close now
  • [14:39] <Tab> Thanks for all the hard work... I love the product :)
  • [14:39] <James[Code_SB]> Thanks Tab!
  • [14:40] * James[Code_SB] hand talking stick back to kar
  • [14:40] <karianna_> Cool :-), any other business? I looked at 5e, rules so far seem easy to implement
  • [14:40] <James[Code_SB]> Nice
  • [14:40] <@[Admin]Andrew> Yeah, if they are OGL or not, we support it either way.
  • [14:40] <James[Code_SB]> Any word on the licensing?
  • [14:41] <@[Admin]Andrew> I haven't heard anything yet.
  • [14:41] <karianna_> Not yet officially but hints were that it would be like OGL
  • [14:41] <James[Code_SB]> That would be great
  • [14:42] <karianna_> We might need to contact them and ask for an official st
  • [14:44] <karianna_> Ok, unless there's anything else I'll bang the gavel and hand it back to Andrew, thanks for letting me stop by!
  • [14:44] *** Tab has quit IRC: Quit: Page closed
  • [14:44] <James[Code_SB]> Great to see you
  • [14:44] <@[Admin]Andrew> Thanks for hanging out
  • [14:45] <karianna_> Very happy to :)
  • [14:46] <karianna_> Night all
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Start
Teams
Community
Strategic Development
Misc
Toolbox