Meeting 2013 01 04

From PCGen
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[PCGen BoD Meeting Minutes Home]

Attendance

  • Chair - David (Adv 2nd)
  • Admin - Anestis (Website 2nd)
  • Architecture - Tom (Arch SB)
  • Code - James (Code SB)
  • Content - Eric (Docs 2nd)
  • Pub. Relations - David (Adv 2nd)

Summary

Log

<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> According to Kar, the agenda is:
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Agenda: * 6.0.1 release * 6.0.x data upgrade path progress * 6.1.0 progress/blockers * Finances
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Tom, James. Will one of you comment on 6.0.1 (or is it 6.1.0).
<[Arch_SB]thpr> 6.0.1 would be James to comment on that
<James[Code_SB]> ok
<James[Code_SB]> Right so lets gets some confusion sorted out first :)
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> LOL
<James[Code_SB]> 6.0.1 is a patch for production
<James[Code_SB]> 6.1.1 is the first alpha for the next dev cycle
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Gotcha.
<James[Code_SB]> So the current plan is to hold off on 6.0.1 until we have socialised the bug data changes in the alpha release
<James[Code_SB]> From the code side we have 15 fixes in for 6.0.1 with abotu 6 more to come that Tom wants to put across
<[Arch_SB]thpr> I'm trying to get to those this evening
<James[Code_SB]> Cool
<James[Code_SB]> I'll push the source selection improvements into 6.0.1 as well, but would appreciate feedback if anyone wants to kick the tyres
<James[Code_SB]> Andrew's plan for data is to bulk copy all of the data changes in trunk back t the 6.0 branch once they have beenput put out in the 6.1.1 alpha release
<James[Code_SB]> That'll be a big change but includes a lot of small fixes and some tidy up/standardisation
<James[Code_SB]> So overall I wouldn't expect 6.0.1 RC1 to come out until late Jan.
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok. Are the source selection improvements in the nightly autobuilds yet?
<James[Code_SB]> yep they are there
<James[Code_SB]> However now is a good time to sing out if anyone has anything they weant included in the production patch
<James[Code_SB]> That's probably it for the 6.0.1 prod fix progress - any questions or comments?
<[Arch_SB]thpr> not here
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> not here, either.
<[Arch_SB]thpr> afk for 3 min
<James[Code_SB]> Can anyone else add any further detail on the "6.0.x data upgrade path progress" item?
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Sorry, no. That really is Andrew's baby with some help from others.
<James[Code_SB]> He did ask me to hold off on the 6.1.1 alpha to allow a few more issues to be addressed - that's the last I have heard
<[Arch_SB]thpr> back
<James[Code_SB]> So we might move on to the 6.1.1 alpha progress then
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok, go for it.
<James[Code_SB]> On the code side we have around 35 items included already
<James[Code_SB]> I am continuing the expuingin of the old UI code and have converted all choosers to the new chooser disalog apart from sub-class/specialty and aubstitution class selection
<James[Code_SB]> My plan for those is to go back to a single column with the name in available but provide a full info panel at the bottom of the dialog allowing rich info for the currently highlighed choice, much like any other avaiolable/selected pair in the system
<James[Code_SB]> I've also addressed the feedback on source selection that RobertD provided
<James[Code_SB]> So that will be in the alpha
<James[Code_SB]> Tom, how about you?
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Have worked a few different things.
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Driving toward more facets, and have done most of the work to get rid of associations created in Playercharacter
<[Arch_SB]thpr> By having those in facets, we can directly trigger behaviors from one location and know it will add/remove safely
<[Arch_SB]thpr> there are 2 major things left, one of which is the CHOOSE system
<[Arch_SB]thpr> that is tied into other work I'm doing
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Which is on abilities and making it so we no longer clone abilities
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Making all selections type safe (And some additional checking we get from that) is also tied into the same project
<[Arch_SB]thpr> investigation has shown that I think I'll need to go off to a branch
<[Arch_SB]thpr> We have like 4 methods of getting Abilities into a Character and each has quirks where I'm not sure I can write unit tests against them like I want.
<[Arch_SB]thpr> I want to ensure we can test both add/remove and persistence to PCG, and all of them have something that is .... challenging
<[Arch_SB]thpr> (or in some cases downright bugs)
<[Arch_SB]thpr> So I'll push as far as I can in trunk and then go off to a branch for a bit on that one
<[Arch_SB]thpr> that way I can break things temporarily, knowing I also have unit tests that will show when they are fixed, and when it's all happy , can bring it all back to trunk

      • jujutsunerd has quit IRC: Read error: Connection reset by peer

<James[Code_SB]> Sounds like a good plan
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Yup.
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Overall, good progress recently toward getting things into facets
<James[Code_SB]> Did you want CI activated on the branch? We could make the emails not go to the dev list
<[Arch_SB]thpr> Next up will probably be Spells, as that right now is very passive

      • Maredudd has joined #pcgen

<[Arch_SB]thpr> CI would be awesome on the branch
<James[Code_SB]> k, I'll configure it once you make the branch
<James[Code_SB]> Hi Eric

      • Maredudd is now known as [DOC]Maredudd

<[Arch_SB]thpr> cool, thanks
<[DOC]Maredudd> Hi James
<James[Code_SB]> @Eric, we are just discussing the upcoming 6.1.1 alpha release - anything to add there?
<[DOC]Maredudd> 6.1.1?
<[DOC]Maredudd> Nothing for either 6.1.0 or 6.0.1 . . .
<James[Code_SB]> Yeah renaming the first alpha to try and reduce confusion
<[DOC]Maredudd> Ah! Makes sense! :-)
<[DOC]Maredudd> I have nothing for the alpha. I am interested to see how the data changes work out so we can determine what gets ported to 6.0.1.
<James[Code_SB]> Likewise
<[DOC]Maredudd> What is the tie frame for 6.1.1?
<[DOC]Maredudd> time frame . . .
<James[Code_SB]> Code is ready (Tom - you happy wiht that) so just waiting on the word from Andrew
<James[Code_SB]> I am guessing next weekend (12/13)
<[DOC]Maredudd> Next weekend is good for me. I'll be nusy on the 12th, but the 14th I'll be available to do the Mac file.
<[DOC]Maredudd> 13th . . . :-)
<James[Code_SB]> Excellent
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok. Anything else for 6.0.1 or 6.1.1 ?
<[DOC]Maredudd> How long after 6.1.1 before we do 6.0.1?
<James[Code_SB]> I reckon late Jan for 6.0.1 RC1
<[DOC]Maredudd> Cool.
<[Arch_SB]thpr> code ready whenever
<James[Code_SB]> Excellent
<[Arch_SB]thpr> I guess technically that's arch ready whenever ;)
<James[Code_SB]> :) A healthy mix
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok. Anestis, anything for web or your projects?
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> Jami has done a great job with the Wordpress site. Just a few tweaks I think, and our FB/Twitter integration.
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> I want to have the ability to comment on the Donate page removed.
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> Has everyone seen the site yet?
<[Arch_SB]thpr> I'm not sure I have
<[DOC]Maredudd> I haven't. Can you send me a link?
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Same for me. Send a link please
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> http://pcgen.org/wordpress
<James[Code_SB]> If it is close we should set a schedule for release
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> It's fairly close, yeah
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> Probably equivalent to beta
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> Kar, Drew and Eric are actually setup as Editors so that they can post articles/updates
<James[Code_SB]> Could you propose a schedule at the next BoD meeting please?
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> I guess. Depends if I can make the next meeting, as well as as if I can get Jami to do the required changes
<James[Code_SB]> Well, it is not so much needing to get changes done, but to set a target
<James[Code_SB]> Even if that is a few months away
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> OK
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> Not so much as a web issue, and maybe not a discussion for now, but as I mentioned on the mailing list, maybe look at setting up a Google+ community.
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> What is a google+ community? Is it like yahoo groups? or something else entirely
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> It's more like a Facebook group
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> but on google+
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> The link I posted on the BOD Mailing list has information on it
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok, what is a facebook group?
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Oh, ok. I'll chedk that out
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> anyone else have anything?
<[Arch_SB]thpr> nope
<[Web_2nd]Anestis> That's really all from me
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Eric, James ?
<James[Code_SB]> All good here
<PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Ok, *bangs* gavel down. Meeting adjourned. I'll post it on the web site. Thank you all for coming.
<[DOC]Maredudd> I have nothing for now.

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Start
Teams
Community
Strategic Development
Misc
Toolbox