Meeting 2013 10 25

From PCGen
Jump to: navigation, search

Quorum Meeting

Board of Directors:

  • CHAIR - Andrew
  • CODE - James
  • ARCH - Tom
  • PR - Paul
  • WEB - Anestis

Observers:

  • Zaister
  • Moogle001

Summary: Discussed team reports. Time table for Release schedule with 6.2 slated for December 8th, 2013. Projects have 2 weeks to get any new features in before we go into Betas. Altering Override Option to be on by default and discussed the PRECAMPAIGN and PRERULE support in PCCs.


Raw Log

  • [15:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Greetings everyone, welcome to our Board of Director's Meeting, Friday October 25th 1500 hours (PST?)
  • [15:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> Our Agenda for today:
  • [15:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> *) Team Reports
  • [15:02] *** [Web_2nd]Anestis has joined #pcgen
  • [15:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> *) James Release Update
  • [15:02] <@[Chair]Andrew> *) Open Floor
  • [15:03] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'll start off with Admin
  • [15:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anestis has set up a Forum to play with, sadly, I can't find any Mail2Forum support, but if we want to employ a forum, I've been thinking of a method to subscribe so we can populate the Yahoo Group designated with any messages
  • [15:04] <@[Chair]Andrew> Trackers - lots of turn over, people have been closing them out. Otherwise, not much to report there
  • [15:05] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anestis - Anything you'd like to comment upon regarding Web Related?
  • [15:05] *** Swiftbrook has quit IRC: Ping timeout: 250 seconds
  • [15:06] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> We have an issue with the contact form. I've asked Jami to look into it but nor response.
  • [15:06] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Apart from that, everything else seems to be running smoothly.
  • [15:06] <@[Chair]Andrew> Excellent
  • [15:06] <[PR]Nylanfs> I just made a post to the webteam group
  • [15:06] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> We got Jenkins e-mails back on track
  • [15:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> Release report - I'll have James cover that in his report
  • [15:07] <James[Code_SB]> @Anestis Yes they are working well now
  • [15:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> Only issue is Jenkins emails don't see to be hitting _exp
  • [15:07] <@[Chair]Andrew> but it's being sent there.
  • [15:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Onto the Content Report
  • [15:08] <@[Chair]Andrew> Docs, Well, the Government Shutdown gave Eric plenty of time to get a plethora of updates since the last meeting. :)
  • [15:09] <@Zaister> :)
  • [15:09] <@[Chair]Andrew> Those have gotten some monkey love. Which is awesome.
  • [15:10] <@[Chair]Andrew> OS - Vincent and Stefan have been doing some work on improving these. I'm impressed. I do wish I could find someone to help with an OS redesign for Todd Crapper - the Killshot sheets need it badly
  • [15:10] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> The post showed up on my newsfeed in FB
  • [15:11] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Sorry to interrupt, just thought I'd mention it
  • [15:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> One of the downsides of supporting the non-d20 systems, we do need OS work.
  • [15:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> Data - Where to begin
  • [15:11] <@[Chair]Andrew> Rob has finished the data standards update for Pathfinder
  • [15:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> we need to get those over on the WIKI
  • [15:12] *** [PR]Nylanfs has quit IRC: Read error: Connection reset by peer
  • [15:12] <@[Chair]Andrew> Everything loads clean for Pathfinder, including the PFS master load, so awesome job on that front!
  • [15:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> Zaister apparently has slave monkeys in his back pocket, cause he's flooded NFD with several sets at once. :P
  • [15:13] *** [PR]Nylanfs has joined #pcgen
  • [15:13] <[PR]Nylanfs> :)
  • [15:13] <@[Chair]Andrew> If I can get him to share, that'd be great :)
  • [15:13] <@Zaister> I just committed the stuff I've started on because I needed it for my campaigns :)
  • [15:14] <@Zaister> and then added the JIRAs for those sets
  • [15:14] <@[Chair]Andrew> Isn't that how it always begins?
  • [15:14] <@Zaister> I guess
  • [15:14] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anyways, we have a few new sets to clear, but nothing that will hold up the release tonight
  • [15:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> I *think* that covers most of Data, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Lots of bugs fixed and Features implemented (But I don't have the stats)
  • [15:15] <@[Chair]Andrew> Questions thus far?
  • [15:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> (Paul, you ready to go next?)
  • [15:16] <@[Chair]Andrew> -Oh new data Monkey joined up. :)
  • [15:16] <[PR]Nylanfs> Yep
  • [15:17] <@[Chair]Andrew> He goes by 'Moni' in Jira
  • [15:17] * @[Chair]Andrew passes talking stick to Paul
  • [15:17] <[PR]Nylanfs> Lets see, Several datasets were cleared since last meeting, Largest set was the Killshot set.
  • [15:17] <@Zaister> irritating name, "Moni" is used in Germany as a diminutive for Monika, definitely female :)
  • [15:18] <[PR]Nylanfs> The permissions for Minotaur Games was firmed up and Stefan is working on those
  • [15:18] <@Zaister> I have more coming of those
  • [15:19] <[PR]Nylanfs> I'll let Jason know :)
  • [15:19] <@Zaister> :)
  • [15:19] <@[Chair]Andrew> Monele better?
  • [15:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> And excellent Paul:)
  • [15:20] <[PR]Nylanfs> I think that's about it from PR
  • [15:20] <@Zaister> I was just kidding, I'll get along with Moni, too
  • [15:20] <[PR]Nylanfs> Any questions?
  • [15:20] <James[Code_SB]> None from me
  • [15:20] <@[Chair]Andrew> None Here. I think James is up next unless Tom has anything he wants to report.
  • [15:21] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Nothing really on my end, now that I look at the schedule, I think it's more bug hunting season than anything :)
  • [15:21] <James[Code_SB]> Indeed!
  • [15:22] <James[Code_SB]> Code report
  • [15:22] <@[Chair]Andrew> Yup, open season on bugs!
  • [15:22] <James[Code_SB]> Welcome to Gabriel Sorrel (aka moogle001) who joined the dev team this week and made his first commit.
  • [15:22] <moogle001> Hello all
  • [15:22] <moogle001> Don't mind me lurking over here
  • [15:22] <@Zaister> welcome!
  • [15:22] <James[Code_SB]> Gabriel, you should chat with Tom too when time permits - he runs the architecture side of things
  • [15:23] <James[Code_SB]> A major milestone has been reached - all old GUI code has been migrated to either the new UI or to gmgen if it was specific to that area. The pcgen.gui package has been deleted!
  • [15:23] <@[Chair]Andrew> Woot!
  • [15:23] <[Arch_SB]thpr> nice!!
  • [15:23] <James[Code_SB]> I'm very happy to have that one wrapped up
  • [15:23] <James[Code_SB]> We also now have a very frequently requested LST function, which is conditional loading of sources, based on PRECAMPAIGN and PRERULE.
  • [15:23] <James[Code_SB]> I've started work on support for exporting using Freemarker templates and have a working prototype. I'll put that into a sandbox once it is a little bit tidier and I have a useful export sheet as an example. I'd expect that to be included in the early 6.3 builds.
  • [15:24] <@[Chair]Andrew> nice, that's awesome!
  • [15:24] <James[Code_SB]> Code stats for the fortnight: Features: 5 requested and 8 implemented, Bugs: 12 reported and 10 resolved, New tag: 2 requested and 4 resolved
  • [15:24] <James[Code_SB]> Overall we are looking good for the 6.2 release, only blockers are a couple of converter bugs to be ironed out
  • [15:25] <James[Code_SB]> Any questions?
  • [15:25] <@[Chair]Andrew> ETA for Converter? I'll give it an early run on my personal stuff
  • [15:25] <James[Code_SB]> It'll be high on the list, but I might Tom's help for one issue
  • [15:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> okay
  • [15:26] <@[Chair]Andrew> Did you have any comments for the release schedule? No major changes?
  • [15:27] <James[Code_SB]> I'll talk a bit about that
  • [15:27] <@[Chair]Andrew> floor is yours :)
  • [15:27] <James[Code_SB]> I'll put out 6.1.8 today - that should be the last alpha.
  • [15:28] <James[Code_SB]> There is still time for final feature additions though - they get frozen as at the first beta, which is our 'feature complete' mark for the 6.2 release.
  • [15:28] <James[Code_SB]> See http://wiki.pcgen.org/Release_6.2.x#Release_dates for the schedule
  • [15:28] <James[Code_SB]> but we are aiming to have 6.2.0 out on 8 December.
  • [15:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> Merry Christmas, and in time for Ennies?
  • [15:29] <James[Code_SB]> Everyone happy with that timetable?
  • [15:29] <James[Code_SB]> Absolutely
  • [15:29] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'm lovin' that schedule
  • [15:30] <[Arch_SB]thpr> yes looks good
  • [15:30] <@Zaister> yeah
  • [15:30] <[PR]Nylanfs> Ennies are up till next Easter I believe
  • [15:30] <James[Code_SB]> ok, you'll probably want this talking stick thingy back then
  • [15:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> Thanks...
  • [15:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> Okay, so we have a week left after the release tonight for any last minute features or data entries
  • [15:31] <@[Chair]Andrew> correct?
  • [15:31] <James[Code_SB]> 2 weeks
  • [15:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> 2 weeks, okay.
  • [15:32] <@[Chair]Andrew> Alright, open floor - any questions, comments, concerns or feedback?
  • [15:33] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Just to ad regarding the Numenera discussion from a few weeks back
  • [15:33] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> They do say not he Fan use Policy that if you think your stuff is better than the official stuff to e-mail them at fanfare@montecookgames.com
  • [15:34] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> But, I think if we do end up doing a Numenera data set, we might need to purchase a full license from Monte Cook, which might be prohibitive
  • [15:34] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> But the best thing to do is e-mail them and ask them and see what they say
  • [15:34] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> One of their FAQs is
  • [15:34] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> What if my [GM screen, app, character sheet, description of a particular rule, or whatever] is OBVIOUSLY SO MUCH BETTER than the official version?
  • [15:34] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> Sorry, but the same rules apply. If you’re completely convinced that your version is distinctly superior, though, by all means shoot us a copy. Maybe we can talk about an official license!
  • [15:35] <[PR]Nylanfs> They do have a small publisher license we could use for $50 I think.
  • [15:35] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> So maybe making a call data set covering one of the types, some foci and descriptors and sending it to them might get something going.
  • [15:35] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> The publisher license is only for fiction or adventures
  • [15:35] <[PR]Nylanfs> But I believe the same rules apply about not copying text from the book
  • [15:36] <@Zaister> yeah Monte has never been know for his full support of OGC
  • [15:36] <[Web_2nd]Anestis> They state on the NinthWorldHub the best thing to do is to e-mail them. They can then say yay or nay
  • [15:36] <[PR]Nylanfs> If somebody wants to make a sample dataset I'll approach them
  • [15:37] <@[Chair]Andrew> Don't look at me, I need a vacation
  • [15:38] <[PR]Nylanfs> :)
  • [15:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> James - Is there an OPTION tag to force the option to allow newer sources to override older sources?
  • [15:38] <James[Code_SB]> Yes I think there might be a bit of a breather after the 6.2 release - it has been pretty hectic
  • [15:38] <@[Chair]Andrew> Mark is asking
  • [15:39] <James[Code_SB]> If the users allows it, yes
  • [15:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> You have the syntax for that?
  • [15:39] <@[Chair]Andrew> You can shoot it off list....
  • [15:40] <[PR]Nylanfs> Why not just make it on by default?
  • [15:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> I'd be for it, saves me headaches
  • [15:40] <@[Chair]Andrew> James?
  • [15:40] <James[Code_SB]> We could do that too
  • [15:40] <@Zaister> you used to be so opposed to that switch
  • [15:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> I was, but I'm allowed to change my mind
  • [15:41] <James[Code_SB]> :)
  • [15:41] <@Zaister> of course :)
  • [15:41] <@[Chair]Andrew> I live in a free country. :P
  • [15:41] <James[Code_SB]> Hopefully with conditional loading we can reduce the need for it
  • [15:41] <@Zaister> that's a great improvement
  • [15:42] <@Zaister> now we just need to be able to set house rules from a PCC
  • [15:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> I still need it for debugging, but the vast majority of our users might start sending us bug reports now that we've been forced to drop the no dupes standards
  • [15:42] <@[Chair]Andrew> So, yes James, let's make it ON by default
  • [15:43] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Wait, what?
  • [15:43] <[Arch_SB]thpr> Forced to drop the no dupes standards?
  • [15:43] <@[Chair]Andrew> Pathfinder is replete with duplicate items, that it's impossible to not have overlap these days
  • [15:43] <@Zaister> Tom: dupes across data sets, not in memory
  • [15:44] <[Arch_SB]thpr> ok. [sits back down]
  • [15:44] <@Zaister> Spells and some other object had a problem that dupes were not recognized but that has now been fixed
  • [15:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Mismatched Case when a .MOD in equipment
  • [15:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> James caught that
  • [15:45] <@[Chair]Andrew> Anyone else have anything to discuss?
  • [15:46] <@[Chair]Andrew> *Bangs Gavel* Thanks for coming everyone, this meeting is adjourned.